Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Forged Cross Class and Horse Time

Last night Dana and I meet at Garden of Beaden and I taught her how to make the forged cross. After we finished our crosses Irene brought out a gel liver of sulfur and we experimented with it. At first nothing seemed to happen until we remembered that LOS needs to be warm to work. So out came the torch and presto we had a reaction. Dana used silver plated wire for her piece and it appears that the LOS ate some of the silver plating. However the effect was very attractive so it was a serendipitous event.

Today I took my horses, Max and Breezy, to West Cajon to get their feet trimmed and to do a little ground work with them. They are getting to be such good horses. Being out with the horses is the most relaxing thing I do.

No comments: