Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Friday, January 8, 2010

January Class


I will be teaching the Kuchi Coiled Bead Bracelet at the Garden of Beaden on Wednesday January 20 at 10:30 a. m, drop by GOB to register as there are still spaces available.  For this bracelet I used metal beads and beadcaps from Tierracast and silver plated wire.  The glass beads are from my stash and include a lampwork bead, Swarovski crystals, vintage West German fire polished glass beads and two glass beads of unknown heritage but great color. The Kuchi bead is made with fine gauge wire which makes it soft and flexible. 

When we were thinking of a name for this class everyone laughed and said Kuchi coiled bead makes you smile.  I like it because it gives tribute to Lynne Merchant who brought this bead to us from Afganistan.

I am getting back to using the Kuchi beads in my work...they are fun to make and add a lot of character to my work.

No comments: