Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Labels...What's Yours

Tara at Scoutie Girl asked "Labels What's Yours?" (http://www.scoutiegirl.com/2010/05/labels-whats-yours-we-scout-wednesday.html) today.  Funny...I have been thinking alot about this lately.  At my Etsy site I am using the label "Metalsmith" and I am conflicted as to whether I deserve this label.  I look at the work of other metalsmiths and know that I have a lot to learn.  And in fact when I am around "real" metalsmiths I do not use the label.  However, I am finding that by calling myself a metalsmith (because this is what I want to be) it encourages me to just do it and conquer my fear of metalsmithing techniques...like torches and saws and drills.

No comments: