Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Riveting Test Drive

Yesterday I spent the day with my friend Melissa at our favorite bead shop, Garden of Beaden, test driving my new riveting class.  Thanks Melissa for being my guinea pig...I learned lots that will make the class better...less frustration = more fun.  And thanks Irene for allowing us to work at your shop

First, stop being a cheap little Scottish girl...not being convinced that StazOnTM was the only ink to use on metal I had to try another (cheaper!) product...well it promptly rubbed off...I had an engineering professor who's mantra was "don't reinvent the wheel"...when am I going to heed those words.  I'm also a Missouri native...you know the "Show Me" state...skeptical coupled with cheap...not always a good combination.

Second, this is not a beginner's class...being comfortable with tools is essential.

Third, take your time with the fit and finish of the rivets.

I will be teaching the riveted heart at Garden of Beaden on Saturday June 26, 2010 11 a.m. to 4 p.m....it would be awesome to have you join me in the class.

No comments: