Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

101 Uses for Your Old Jeans. Recycle.Reclaim.Upcycle.

Are you dying for the next six uses for your old jeans?  Here they are!

     7.  Quilt--Denim Quilt 2000 (Isn't the shading spectacular!)
     8.   Skirt--flared skirtstraight skirt (and remember leaving the hem raw and allowing it to fray during washing is very stylish)
     9.   Book cover--a no-sew version
     10. Rug--crocheted, braided, sewn (I am going to make this one it is just my style)
     11. Embellishment--flowers, roses,  Johnny Patches
     12. Donate to a thrift shop

I searched Etsy for you and found these awesomely wonderful examples of upcycled, recycled, repurposed jeans.

                       Wonderful Upcycled Denim

(If you are an Etsian and you know how to embed a treasury in your blog please let me know I am very frustrated that I cannot figure out how to do it!  I want pictures!)

No comments: