Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Monday, September 27, 2010

Barkcloth

I got up early this morning, 5 a.m., to clean the horses' corral so I wouldn't have to do it once the sun came up.  (Yesterday is was 110oF in lovely So. Cal. and today the forecast is 108oF.)  Oddly it was nice being out at that time of day.  Just enough light to see what I was doing, a warm breeze and three of my favorite companions--Max, Breezy and Tank.

I then got on the computer and bought these fabrics from Etsy for handbags. 
 



They are reproductions of barkcloth designs popular in the 1950's.


Can't wait for them to arrive so I can sew them up.

















This one is my favorite, cuz I wanna be a cowgirl!

Do you have a favorite? Which one is it and why?

No comments: