Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Adventures in Dyeing

As promised here are the pictures of my adventures dyeing the wool roving.  Really it was pretty mundane and straight forward.  Last evening as I was cruising the internet I thought "why don't I dye another half pound of each color".  So I did.  Now I have a full pound of each color, enough to get started on the hooking.

Weighing the roving.

















Soaking the roving.













 
 Prepared dye and aicd (vinegar).















 

Dyeing on the stove top.










Roving drying.




 

Here are the colors I chose plus the natural ecru color.












Next step prepare the canvas.



No comments: