Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Snapshot of My week

I am spending a lot of time in the studio working on riveting and soldering.  My goal for 2011 is to master these metalsmithing skills.  To that end I am teaching riveting and soldering lots of bangle bracelets.


Nothing takes your skill level up a notch like teaching. Teaching forces you to examine each step of the process so you can relay the information to another.  Yesterday  I taught two lovely women--Aleta and Terry--wire riveting.  Here's what they did in class.  Awesome work.



And today we had a rummage sale for the Relay For Life teams.  Three teams participated and each felt it was a good way to fund raise.


No comments: