Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Saturday, March 10, 2012

More 101 Uses for Your Old Jeans. Recycle.Reclaim.Upcycle.

Seems that everyone is making a list of ways to recycle your jeans from Fox News to This Old House.  I loved the This Old House list cause it was from a guy perspective...repair a rust spot...bolster insulation...huh? And how about this article at Forbes.com about Ford (the auto maker) using recycled jeans in the 2012 Focus!  So you can see we are in good company in our pursuit of ways to Recycle.Reclaim.Upcycle our jeans.

24. Market Bag. Everyone needs a market bag or two.
25. Wine Bag. Cute bag, neat idea to bleach the denim.
26. Lunch bag. Nice insulated lunch bag, unfortunately no instructions on how to make.  I think most crafty types could make this without instructions.  This lunch bag is significantly different than the lunch sack I showed in my last post, that's why I included the lunch bag here.
27. Yoga Mat Bag.  A little more challenging project because of the circular bottom. Downward dog on!
28. Nail Pouch.  This is probably the simplest denim project you will ever make.
29.Clothes Pin Bag1 or Clothes Pin Bag 2. Makes me wish I had a clothes line so I could make one of these bags for the pins.
30. Eyeglass Case.  I know this is not shown in denim but the pattern would work wonderfully with denim for the outside.  And isn't the caterpillar charming, perfect for a spring project.

I am taking this denim bag to the local Farmer's Market today.

I made it from the legs of a pair of wide leg jeans and an almost vintage sunflower print fabric from my stash.  The handle is from a nylon fabric, also in my stash, and upcycled leather.

How about you, what have you created from your old jeans lately?  Post a response below (come on don't be shy).  I can't wait to know what you are doing with your old jeans.

UPDATE:  The Market Bag desperately needs a pocket for my cellphone and a clip for my keys.  Then I could slip my wallet in the bag and leave my purse in the car. 

No comments: