Weekly Quote

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.---C. S. Lewis

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day 2010

Today we celebrate the 234th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  Do you think you have had the "stuff" necessary to sign the Declaration of Independence?  Having the luxury of hindsight I say "Yes, I would have signed the Declaration of Independence" but without that luxury would I have been willing to brand myself as a traitor, to put my life and fortune on the line?  As you celebrate your freedom today give thanks to the brave men who did sign the Declaration and who did make the sacrifices. 

Take some time today to learn more about the history of the Declaration Of Independence and to join the signers! 

And enjoy your friends and family, the fireworks and your freedom!  Happy Independence Day!

No comments: